Facebook Ads is an excellent platform for promoting a business or brand, although it is complex and can intimidate some users. While there are many options, getting more familiar with the program makes setting up and executing ad campaigns very easy and fast. The following guidelines will help.
Create a Strategy
Having a strategy is the first step in the ad campaign creation process. This helps users to avoid feeling overwhelmed and creating ads that do not target the correct audience. Before starting any campaign, the following questions should be answered:
• What service or product is being promoted?
• Who is being targeted?
• Is the target audience new to the brand, or is it familiar with the services or products?
• How will the product be used?
• What problems are being encountered by the target audience?
• What is the campaign goal?
• Does the business want site traffic, sales leads or more brand awareness?
Ads created without a specific goal will not be effective. It is best practice to have a full game plan first.
Choose an Objective
Facebook optimizes ad campaigns by objective, which makes choosing the right objective crucial for success. The most common objectives are listed below:
• Brand awareness
• Lead generation
• Video views
• App installations
• Store visits
• Catalogue sales
The campaign objective must align with the main goal. As an example, when a business wants to increase its sales, it should choose “conversions” rather than “video views.” While video views are important, they should not be prioritized over conversions.
Target an Audience
This step allows for the fine tuning of a target audience. This targeting is divided into the following categories:
• Customized audiences related to a mailing list, interaction with the company’s Instagram and Facebook pages and those who take certain actions on the business’s website
• Look-alike audiences who are similar to the custom audience
• Specific demographics
• Particular locations
• Audiences based on behavior and interests
• Connection audiences who may or may not be engaged with the brand
Set a Budget
In this section, the company decides on the budget while also scheduling ads and optimization. The budget can be daily or lifetime, and ads can run indefinitely or on a specific schedule of days, dates and times. There is a choice to bid on impressions or link clicks and how fast or slow the budget should be spent. It should be noted Facebook does optimization automatically, and it is not recommended to change those values unless the company is familiar with the working of the platform and has a valid reason for making adjustments.
Choose and Monitor
Facebook offers the following formats:
• Video ads
• Single image ads
• Canvas ads
• Carousel ads that provide a number of videos and photos
• Collection ads that are optimized for mobile screens
After campaigns begin, they must be monitored closely to ensure effectiveness. The Facebook Ad manager provides all of the data for active campaigns. A business should watch relevance scores, frequency, CPC and actions taken because they are the metrics that determine success or failure.
The Internet Marketing Team is a group of seasoned professionals who will help any business reach its goals with Facebook ads. Interested companies and brands can explore their options by calling 1-888-518-3718 or visiting the website for more information.